Is This The Most Bizarre List Of House Rules Ever?
Moving in with people you don't know can be a daunting experience. There's a certain risk involved in sharing your living space with strangers. Will your housemate be clean? Will there be parties until all hours? More often than not it all works itself out, but some people are not so lucky.
While looking for a new housemate, one woman was very particular about what would and wouldn't fly in the shared flat.
She shared a post on Facebook stating 12 rules that all potential housemates must be happy to abide by at all times, some of which include:
1. You're not allowed to be in the flat from 9am to 5pm on weekdays.
2. You must use door handles properly and not slam doors shut.
3. No lengthy phone or Skype calls.
4. You must be a social person who likes going out and doing things.
5. You can't use the bathroom too often or for too long.
7. There's no cooking allowed in the house before 8.30am.
8. No more than 3 guests per week and if your partner is always there, they must pay rent.
It's a pretty extensive list of do's and don'ts. The woman who posted the list claims she has had bad housemates in the past and the rules are there to avoid that happening again.
The post was shared on Twitter where people were quick to criticize the woman who posted it saying she should obviously just live alone.
Here's the full of rules:
We get that some people can be problematic, but surely this is way overboard?