You Know It's Summer In Ireland When...
Listener Mike sent in a photo this morning that epitomises an Irish summer – the strawberry shop on the side of the road!
Yum! How else do we Irish know it’s summer? Read on...
- Is that a lobster I see before me? Nope, it’s just one of many Irish people with a burnt face and a farmer’s tan.
- Beer gardens start to fill up. Is that the sun? Quick! Get thee to a sunny bench pronto!
- The smell of BBQs in the evenings, even on weekdays!
- Paula, you know it's summer in Ireland because the rain is warmer.
- Summers here - it's holy communion time!
- Bright mornings and evenings = summer is here!
- The boys have the shirts off! As soon as it hits about 15 degrees, the boyos develop a McGregor strut, and remove their shirts, whether you want them to or not.
- There is no better sound of the twinkling music coming from the ice-cream van when the sun is out
- The electric shower gets turned down to 1 or 2!
- When the GAA championship starts! Pumped up players, wild eyed managers, baying crowds, blood soaked bandaged heads, Vaseline on the eyebrows. Bring it on!
- The women of Ireland proudly show off the tan they’ve been working on all winter... cough. No streaks to see around here!