5 adults and 5 children were killed in the tragedy in 2015

An inquest into the deaths of ten people who died in a fire at a halting site in Dublin has heard a chip pan left on an electric cooker was the cause of the blaze.

The inquest reopened today following a decision by the DPP last year not to pursue a criminal prosecution.

Five adults and five children died when the fire broke out in the early hours of October 10th 2015.

The inquest heard the site was set up as a "temporary emergency site" and therefore wasn't subject to full fire safety regulations.

Tara Gilbert, one of the ten victims, was pregnant at the time of the fire.

Her partner Willie Lynch and their daughters Jodie and Kelsey also died.

Thomas Connors, his wife Sylvia and their five children also lost their lives as well as Jimmy Lynch – an older brother of Willie Lynch.

All ten died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of smoke inhalation.