This List of Banned TD Words Has Us In Stitches
Alan, reminded us on Twitter of the words that are considered 'unparliamentary language' in Ireland.
"A pair of bennies" WTF?
Here is the full list:
i love the list of terms that TDs can't refer to each other as in the dáil pic.twitter.com/ix9hMFW1CY— alan (@hatefollower) April 14, 2018
This is pretty outdated so we asked you legends to help us create a new list of words.
Here's some of the best:
- Toe rag
- cotton headed ninny muggins!
- jackeen, spoofer, sponge, ponce, ninkampoop, plank, onegar, jackass.
- Muireann the word "scourhouse" is a favourite of mine feel free to use!
- One of my Granny's favourite insults was SlippyTit. Used to describe a sneaky, weasily person. Would suit quit well in the Dail, methinks.
- Gobshite, Langer, Tosspot, Latchico.??
- One word you could use would be gobsheen..as used by podge and rodge.
- You could call them "a stale ham sandwich" .... that's definitely not a compliment
- Muireann we have one down here in countryside in Wexford - " you're some scutter pullet"
Obviously, Paul Gogarty didn't get the memo when he did this in The Dail...unless of course he did get it, didn't see 'f*ck' on the list and trolled Dail Eireann!