- Manchester City somehow came away from Paris last night with a draw and two away goals in the first-leg of their Champions League quarter-final while Real Madrid were beaten by Wolfsburg.
- Former Rangers player and manager Graeme Souness believes that his old club's return to top-flight football will make their Old Firm rivals Celtic better.
Robbie Keane looks set to win his race to be fit for Euro 2016 after his manager at LA Galaxy, Bruce Arena, declared that the Irish skipper will be back in action in around a month.
- Graeme Souness believes that Rangers re-entry to the top flight of Scottish football will make their arch-rivals Celtic better.
- If Leicester City win the Premier League the city's mayor has vowed to name some of the local streets after the local heroes.
- Atletico Madrid were very unhappy with the referee’s performance in their Champions League quarter-final defeat to Barcelona.
- It's a manager-fest on this week's episode of our League of Ireland podcast with Shamrock Rovers boss Pat Fenlon and Bohemians manager Keith Long among the guests.
- American golf legend Tom Watson believes Rory McIlroy will finally reach the holy grail and don one of those elusive green jackets this Sunday.
PICTURE: Dejected Manchester City players return to the centre circle at the Parc de Princes after conceding in the Champions League last night