Hobbies you might not have considered before!
January is bleak, there are no two ways about it. Everyone seems to be struggling to stay upbeat and positive, so we decided on Early Breakfast that we would compile a list of things we can do to keep ourselves busy and have some productive fun as well.
I read before that we should be aiming for the big 3: one hobby to keep you fit, one hobby to make money and one to make you creative.
Here’s a list that has a few from each category:
- Knitting and crocheting – you can pick watch tutorials on YouTube!
- Genealogy – you can disappear into the deep, dark hole of familial research. It’s amazing!
- Paula, we can always use more beekeepers. It’s honestly not as hard as it looks!
- Knitting and crocheting! Nothing is more relaxing to me than the clicking of knitting needles
- Paula 2 years ago in January, I started to take Spanish lessons. I absolutely love it and I’m pretty good at it now... feliz ano Nuevo!
- You can never read too much and it’s a great way to relax!
- Plant a garden! It's good exercise, and outdoor time! Also it's really rewarding watching all your plants grow. Plus then you have fresh produce!
- Anyone can do it. It doesn’t need to be for anyone else’s eyes!
- You can run almost anywhere. It’s free!
- Cooking! It's fun, practical, cost effective, healthy, and we should all be able to cook for ourselves.
- How about meditation and mindfulness?
- Sewing! Also, it’s a good excuse to binge watch tv shows while you’re at it!
- Dance lessons are being advertised everywhere – just do it!
- Fishing - so relaxing, and being in the great outdoors is so good for the head!
- Baking and subsequently cooking. Never too late to learn how to feed yourself properly.