The portal to register for a covid-19 vaccine appointment will open at 10 am tomorrow morning.
People aged 69 are being asked to register tomorrow on HSE.ie.
It's outlined the following registration schedule:
- People aged 69 should register on Thursday 15 April, or any time after
- People aged 68 should register on Friday 16 April, or any time after
- People aged 67 should register on Saturday 17 April, or any time after
- People aged 66 should register on Sunday 18 April, or any time after
- People aged 65 should register on Monday 19 April, or any time after
People can also register over the phone and will need their PPS number, eircode and phone number.
It's expected the AstraZeneca vaccine will be used.
The HSE says vaccinations will start around 1 week after registration opens.
After registering people will be sent a text message with their appointment details 3 to 7 days before their vaccination is due to take place.
Meanwhile, the government is considering allowing people under the age of 60 to take the AstraZeneca vaccine if they consent to it.