As we near the end of Your Personal Best with Sport Ireland and Dermot and Dave, it's important to recognise the challenges that'll crop up for our four leaders and for anyone who has been following along with the plan.
Christmas is a tricky time of the year from the endless (Zoom) parties, to the chocolates that seem to pile up in the house. If you've been making a change in terms of your nutrition or fitness, any massive change in your environment has the potential to throw your plan off course and set you back.
But there is a way of enjoying all the goodies, without setting yourself back.
Your Personal Best fitness expert Paul Opperman joined Dermot and Dave with some top tips for our four leaders, and people at home.
- The first thing to accept is that you will be eating more calories over Christmas.
- Choose wisely while enjoying yourself. Skip a course - hydrate between drinks - choose lighter options.
- Calorie intake remains very high for 24 hours after a night out - hangover cravings - be aware!
- Letting yourself lose one of the two is bad, dropping healthy eating and exercise is disastrous.
- But remember, balance is key.
- How do you keep going? Have a few anchors during the week-a Zoom class, meet with a friend etc.
And as Paul told the lads, he'll be tucking into the chocolate instead of going for a run on Christmas Day, so make sure to enjoy yourself too!