After nearly three months in lockdown, it’s highly expected that the Government will announce a further easing of Covid-19 restrictions this afternoon.
Phase 2 of the Reopening Ireland roadmap includes the extension of the travel limit to 20k beyond a person’s home, while up to 4 people will be allowed visit another household for a short period of time.
Yesterday evening there was even reports that major retailers such as Penny’s & Ikea can reopen from Monday, while there are also rumours that children’s activates such as summer camps can resume.
Here is just some of what will be announced.
- Those who are cocooning can have a small number of visitors to their home.
- The visitors must wear gloves, face coverings and keep at least 2 metres away from the person who is cocooning.
- Remote working is to continue for all workers or businesses that can currently do so.
- Marts can be opened where social distancing can be maintained.
- Public libraries may open so long as the numbers allowed in are limited, social distancing is observed and there is strict hand-sanitising in place for anyone who goes into the library.
- People can take part in outdoor sporting and fitness activities, involving team sports training in small groups (but not matches).
- ONLY where social distancing can be maintained and where there is no contact.
This morning on Dermot & Dave, Sean Defoe filled us in on what we can expect.