Every week Mark from Dingle Cookery School gives us a delicious suggestion for this evening's dinner and today's recipe is packed with nutritious summer vegetables
Roast Aubergine, Halloumi, Tomato and Pomegranate
- 2 aubergines, sliced in half lengthways
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 4 tomatoes, seeds removed and tomatoes cut into large dice
- 200g halloumi, cut into chunks
- pinch of chili flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- dash of sherry vinegar, some natural yogurt
- handful of mint, chopped finely
- ½ pomegranate-seeds
- Preheat the oven 180°C
- Drizzle plenty of oil over the aubergines, season with salt and pepper. Place these on a tray flesh side up. Bake them for about 20-25 minutes.
- In a bowl add the tomatoes, halloumi, chili flakes, garlic and a little vinegar. Take the aubergines out of the oven and use the back of a spoon to push some of the flesh down a little, spoon the tomato mixture on top of the aubergines. Put this back in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Take them out of the oven. Place them on a serving tray or in induvial bowls, drizzle this with plenty of natural yogurt, add some mint and pomegranate seeds.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.