On these long summer evenings, sometimes you just want something easy you can get ready for dinner and share with family or friends. If that sounds familiar, Mark from Dingle Cookery School has the perfect recipe for you.
Aubergine and Goats Cheese Pie
- 1 packet of filo pastry, thawed, rolled out and covered with a damp cloth until needed
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 large aubergine, cut into small dice
- 1 tsp. fennel seeds
- 10-15 cherry tomatoes, cut in half lengthways
- 250g soft goat’s cheese
- 2 eggs
- bunch of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. honey
- salt and pepper
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- Preheat the oven 200oC
- Put a pan on over medium heat. Add a little oil and add the onion and garlic. Cook this for about 5 minutes. Add the aubergine and fennel seeds. Cook this for about 5-7 minutes. At this stage the it all should have softened. Take this off the heat and mix in the tomatoes, goat’s cheese, 2 eggs, parsley and honey. Season this with salt and pepper.
- Brush oil over a pan, place 2-3 sheets of filo over the pan and allow it to overhang on the sides, place 2-3 more sheets over the pan in the opposite direction. Brush this with egg wash.
- Pour the aubergine filling on top of the pastry. Tidy up the edges of the pastry.
- Place this in the oven for about 20-25 minutes (Check it after 15 minutes, turn it down a little if it is browning too much).
- Remove from the oven, and allow to cool slightly. Serve with a green salad.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.