Each week Mark from Dingle Cookery School serves up an easy, tasty dinner idea and this week it's one that's perfect for these summer evenings.
Easy Summer Paella (serves 6)
Time 30 – 40 minutes
- good pinch of saffron
- 700g chicken or fish stock
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 300g paella or risotto rice
- 400g mixed white fish – such as cod, hake, monkfish – cut into bitesize chunks
- 100g mussels, cleaned (optional)
- salt and pepper
- bunch flat parsley, finely chopped
- You can cook this on the stove over a low-medium heat or in a preheated oven at 180ºC – the timings will be similar. If cooking in the oven make sure to keep it covered with tin foil.
- Add the saffron to the warm stock.
- In a wide pan over low-medium heat add some olive oil, onions, garlic and a pinch of salt - cook this for about 5-10 minutes until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Add in the rice and stir once or twice to coat the rice with the oil and juices from the pan. Cook this for 1-2 minutes then add about ¾ of the stock stirring once or twice. Keep the heat low-medium and allow to cook for 15 – 20 minutes (no need to stir)
- At this stage add the fish, mussels and a pinch of salt. Add more stock if needed, cover with foil and cook over the heat for another 5 – 8 minutes. Check to ensure everything is cooked and when you are happy, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve drizzled with olive oil and chopped parsley.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.