Each week Mark from Dingle Cookery School takes the hassle out of dinner time, and once again, this recipe is so easy!
Chicken Bhuna Curry
- dash of oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, diced
- piece of ginger (about ½“) diced
- 1 green chilli, seeds removed and diced
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tin of tomatoes
- 500g chicken, diced (chicken thighs meat will give better flavour- if using chicken breast cut the cooking time by about 10 minutes)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- bunch of coriander, chopped
- 1 tpsn. yogurt
- Cook the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilli in a little oil over a low heat for about 10 minutes. Add in the ground spices and stir well. Cook for a minute or so, add in the tomato and a little water. Bring this to the boil. Add in the chicken pieces, stir well and cover with a lid. Simmer this for about 30-35 minutes, check it after 10 minutes or so to make sure there is enough liquid in the pot. If it has dried out add a little water and continue cooking.
- Once the chicken has cooked, remove from the heat and add in the lemon juice and coriander. Spoon some yogurt over the top.
- Serve with fluffy rice and naan bread.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.