Each week Mark from Dingle Cookery School joins Mairead on the show to sort out your dinner time with a recipe that's tasty and so easy.
This week it's cod with butternut squash which is in season right now.
Cod, Roast Butternut Squash and Herb Sauce (Serves 4)
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces of cod about 180g each
- for the sauce
- handful of parsley, leaves picked
- handful of tarragon, leaves picked
- a few mint leaves
- ½ lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tsp. capers
- olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Add the squash and red onion to a bowl, drizzle some oil over them and add a pinch of salt and pepper. Give this a mix to coat everything with oil. Scatter this evenly on a tray and place in the oven for about 20-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the slices. Once the squash has been cooked, remove it from the oven and tidy everything up. You want to have it neat so that the fish can sit on top of it.
- Season the fish with salt and pepper, brush the skin with a little oil. Place the fish on top of the squash with the skin side facing up.
- Put this back in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. Check the fish with a sharp knife or a skewer.
- While the fish is cooking you can make the sauce. Put the herbs, lemon, capers, olive oil in a blender, blitz until smooth (If you don’t have a blender, you can chop everything as fine as you can and then mix). Season with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula to lift some squash and cod on to each plate, drizzle some sauce over the fish and serve.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.