We're all guilty of going for something a bit rubbishy or bland for dinner when we're short on time, but Mark from Dingle Cookery School thinks that shouldn't always be the case!
He has a recipe that is so quick and easy, but is still full of flavour and goodness.
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Garlic and Ginger Sauce (Serves 4)
- vegetable oil
- 750g steak (rump or sirloin), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- ½ inch of ginger, peeled and cut into small dice
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed and sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, florets cut in half and stalks sliced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- bunch of spring onions, sliced
- handful of sesame seeds
- ½ lime, juiced
- noodles for serving
- Heat a pan over medium to high heat, once hot add a little oil, add the beef and cook over a high heat for about 3 minutes. Turn down the heat and add the garlic and ginger and chilli. Allow this for cook for a minute or so, add the broccoli stalks and after about 30 seconds add the broccoli florets. Add the soy sauce and sesame. Cook this for about a minute or so.
- Once the broccoli has cooked, add in the spring onions. Sprinkle some sesame seeds over the all the ingredients and the lime juice.
- Serve with noodles.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.