If you're sick of looking at the leftover Easter eggs, Mark from Dingle Cookery School has you sorted! Not only does he have another tasty idea for dinner, he also has tips on how to use up the leftover chocolate as well.
This week Mairead was very excited to hear Mark's recipe for a baked pasta with sausages and three different types of cheese that you can whip up in no time.
Mark said that it's a versatile recipe and you can always swap out any ingredients you don't love - for example, if ricotta isn't your thing you can always use goat's cheese instead.
Baked Pasta with Sausage and Ricotta (serves 4)
- 300g sausages, each cut into 3 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp. fennel seeds
- 1 tsp. oregano (optional)
- 2 tins of crushed tomatoes
- pinch of chili flakes
- 350g pasta (use shapes like penne, farfalle, or rigatoni)
- 200g mozzarella, torn in pieces
- 150g ricotta
- 50-100g parmesan
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Strain and keep about a ladle of the pasta water.
- While the pasta is cooking you can start the rest of the dish.
- Put an oven-proof pan on over a medium to high heat (if you don’t have an oven-proof pan you can transfer it to an oven-proof dish before putting in the oven).
- Add a little oil and add the sausages. Cook them for about 5 minutes to allow them to brown a little. Turn the heat down and add the garlic, fennel seeds and oregano. Cook this for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the tomatoes and chili flakes. Cook this for a few minutes to allow it to thicken. Add in the reserved pasta water. Add in the pasta, mozzarella and ricotta, use a large spoon or spatula to mix this all well. Taste and season if needed (remember the cheese will have some salt).
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.
- Once ready remove from the oven and wait for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a green salad or garlic bread.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.