Every Wednesday we are treated to a delicious dinner suggestion courtesy of Mark Murphy from Dingle Cookery School
Today Mark told Suzanne Kane about his spicy pasta dish that makes the most of in-season Irish tomatoes
Pasta with Hake in a Spicy Tomato Sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- 5-6 tomatoes, peeled and chopped (you can use a tin of good tomatoes)
- 300-400g hake or cod, cut into bite sized chunks
- handful of kale, washed and stalks removed and chopped (ask for cavolo nero or curly kale)
- few basil leaves, torn
- salt and pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- 300g tagliatelle, cooked
- In a pot over low to medium heat, add a little oil and then add the chopped onions and garlic and pinch of salt. Let this cook for about 5 minutes or so. Add the red pepper flakes and spices. Cook for another minute of so. Add in the chopped tomatoes. Simmer this for about 10-15 minutes. Taste, season and add a little sugar if it is too acidic.
- Add in the pieces of fish and the kale. Season lightly and cover with a lid or parchment. Let this cook for about 5-8 minutes or until the fish and kale is cooked.
- Serve this with some pasta, add some torn basil leaves and drizzle with some extra virgin olive oil.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.