If you're looking for dinner inspiration - look no further! Mark from Dingle Cookery School has a simple and tasty pasta recipe for you to try that uses seasonal squash and sausages.
Pasta with Sausage and Squash
- 400g tagliatelle
- olive or rapeseed oil
- 6 sausages, cut into smaller pieces
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeds removed and cut into dice
- 2-3 sage leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. crème fraiche
- salt and pepper
- dash of extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese
- The pasta can be cooked while you are cooking the squash and sausage.
- Put a pan on over a medium heat, add a little oil and add the sausages. Allow them to take some colour, turn the pan down a little and keep cooking them until they are cooked.
- Remove them from the pan, put the pan back on over medium heat. Add a little oil and then add the squash and sage, allow the sage to take a little butter. Add a little water to the pan (let it come up to about 1/3 of the squash). Season with salt and pepper. Cover this and let it cook for about 5-10 minutes depending on the size of the squash dice. Return the sausages to the pan and cook for another minute or so.
- Add the crème fraiche and mix everything well. Taste and season. Add the pasta and mix it all together.
- Divide this between 4 bowls, grate some parmesan over the top and drizzle some extra virgin olive over them and some (loads) of parmesan.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.