Each week Mark from Dingle Cookery School joins Mairead with a new recipe to try that is so easy! This week it's one that's perfect for these dark evenings.
Chicken, Herb and Mustard Casserole (Serves 4)
- 8 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- Sprig rosemary
- 3 sage leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp. peppercorns
- 5 tomatoes, seeds removed, roughly diced
- 2 tsp. mustard
- 1 glass of white wine
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 500ml chicken stock
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 170ºC
- Place a casserole pot, oven proof pot, over medium to high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Once hot, add a little oil to the pot and add the chicken pieces skin side down. Brown the chicken for about 3 minutes on each side. Once browned, remove from the pot and set aside. Turn the heat down and add the onion and garlic to the pot. Let this cook slowly for about 5 minutes then add in the herbs, black peppercorns and tomatoes and let this cook for a few minutes. Add in the mustard and the white wine and cook until the wine has reduced by half. Once the wine has reduced add in the carrots and the chicken and season with salt. Pour in the stock until it almost covers the chicken. Turn up the heat and bring the liquid to a boil then place the lid on the pot and place in the oven for 1 hour or so.
- When ready taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Serve with potatoes.
View this post on Instagram
You can hear the chat in full by pressing the play button on screen.