The Cabinet has agreed new COVID-19 restrictions which will see schools closed and construction halted until at least the end of the month.
Most primary and secondary schools will remain closed until 31 January, but Leaving Cert students will be asked to attend for three days a week.
Non-essential construction will stop this Friday at 6pm, but essential work on health projects, schools and social housing will be allowed to continue.
Childcare services will continue for children of essential workers and vulnerable children only, while non-essential retailers have been asked to suspend click and collect services.
To discuss these restrictions, we were joined by:
- Catherine Motherway of the Intensive Care Society Of Ireland
- Ann Piggott, president of the ASTI
- James Benson, Director of Housing at the Construction Industry Federation
- Ian Talbot, Chief Executive of Chambers Ireland
- Reuban Murray, president of the Irish Secondary Schools Students' Union
- Teresa Heeney, CEO of Early Childhood Ireland
- Antoinette Cunningham, General Secretary of the AGSI
- Duncan Graham, Managing Director of Retail Excellence