She is one of my favourite people to have on the show, she is always the voice of reason and provides so much reassurance to parents - she has now put all her amazing research and advice into one brilliant book it is Dr Mary O’Kane
Dr Mary O’Kane is a Lecturer in Psychology and Early Childhood Education teaching with the Open University.
She gives public talks on a range of topics related to child wellbeing, parenting, and education.
“Tiny humans need connection, not perfection.”
So much ground is covered in her new book. Essential parenting topics like:
- Building independence skills from an early age.
- Friendship skills - how can we as parents best help our kids navigate this side of life?
- Categories of parenting - what are they and is there a best one?
- Parenting in the Digital age as well as crossing boundaries the teen and tween years
- Getting equipped with the knowledge. Parenting is one of the most challenging and rewarding parts of life. Most of us try our best. Having the knowledge will make you better equipped to support your children to become strong, capable adults.
Mary starts by explaining what she means by perfectly imperfect parenting:
I am so happy to share my news that my first book ‘Perfectly Imperfect Parenting: Connection not Perfection’ is due to be launched on Thursday 8th April. Pre-orders at: https://t.co/Wh4XZRLSuI pic.twitter.com/J4ET3t2cjh
— Dr Mary O'Kane (@MOKEarlyYears) March 28, 2021