People around the country have definitely started booking off holiday time and many might not exactly know where to go!
Travel restrictions are easing. The industry is really bouncing back, outpacing predictions.
This has caused some problems too!! See Dublin Airport delays, hospitality staffing issues, price pressures in peak season.
However, the need to get a holiday tops everything. Home or abroad.
And guess what? We're worth it! (thanks L'Oreal)
Irish Independent Travel Editor, Pol O’Conghaile has great ideas for breaks abroad this summer and hot staycation ideas for Ireland.
EXTRA TIPS FROM POL
- Book early, and if you can, around fringes of peak (June/late August)
- Have travel insurance (at least 14 days before travel)
- Check passports are in date... eek!
- You get best protection by booking with an Irish travel agent / tour op
- Book airport parking in advance (it's selling out)
- Think about extras like car hire, bag charges (half-board can save on food)
- Book direct (hotels etc can offer up to 15pc off)
Follow him on Insta:
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by Pól Ó Conghaile (@poloconghaile)