Even if it all comes from the right place!
Bono has told Rolling Stone India that the only advice he gives to his son is 'don't listen to your dad!'
Parents can give brilliant advice at times. They can also give terrible advice at times. See below!
- “My mother always told me to MARRY MONEY! I can’t decide if this is good advice or bad advice, Paula!”
- “Put others first. Everyone will respect you for it. However I think I just taken advantage of, a lot.”
- “Wait until you’re 30 to get a tattoo. Now I’m 31, I’m happy I never got any!”
- “Nobody's opinion of you is any of your business!”
- “Never do anything you wouldn't want to see on the news!”
- “Choose a job doing something you love and you’ll never work a day in your life!”
- “Fake it 'til you make it!”
- “My dad always said not to move in together before marriage. Terrible advice, Paula. You need to live with someone to really get to know them!”
- “Take the high road – NO PAULA. Sometimes I want to take the low road. Sue me!”
- “Measure twice cut once. Dad always said that before exams!”
- "Happiness is just having something to look forward to."
- “Focus on what's happening now, not the past or future!”
- “Life isn’t fair. Get used to it!”
- “Hi Paula, welcome back! I was told to aim for the crossbar and it’ll dip! Worked a treat on short keepers!”
- “The advice I got from my father was – ‘put lots of milk in your tea, drink it fast, and get back to work’ Maybe that's why I drink milky tea now!” - Mick
- "Hugs and handshakes, give them like you mean it"
- “Paula, kinda like the texter earlier whose mam told her to marry money: my mam told me to marry someone who loves me more than I love him!”
- "If you dislike someone for a character trait, make sure you don't have the same one. Things that annoy you in others, might be things you do yourself."
- “Respect others opinions even if they are wrong. I never followed that!”
- “Always finish your dinner. Guess who's struggling with weight issues and overeating in his 30s!”
- “Always hide a bit of money for a rainy day or a runaway. My mam was a single mam... I have a little put away just in case” - Anon.
- “Fight back against the bullies. I did and he told on me and I got expelled. Bad advice!”
- “Take care of yourself because no one else will. Made me very selfish.”
- “My mam always said listen with your ears, keep your mouth shut and you will never get in trouble!”
- “Paula, life is a one way street and you’re not coming back!” - Mat