This morning we got talking about what we would be doing if we weren't doing what we're doing.
I LOVED hearing about all the drastic career changes that people have had - take a look!
- “The headteacher at my secondary school used to be a professional boxer before becoming a headteacher.”
- “If I didn't have to work, I'd be a house dad. I love doing the house work, being the taxi service, homework etc. I'm crap at cooking but that's just a matter of more practice.” - Eamon
- “A guy I took my accountancy exams with used to be an opera singer, Paula!”
- “I had a friend whose dad was an electrical engineer then decided to go get an MD and become a doctor when he was in his late thirties.”
- “I have a good friend who went from being a full time microbiologist to being a full time yoga instructor”
No drastic change in career but would love one. Dream job is working on Mythbusters Can you make it happen Paula?
— Liam in Tipp (@TippFan2) October 31, 2019
- “Paula I love being a truck driver, I got to see country and have my own space and get to listen to my favourite radio station all day. The only downside is long hours and shite money!”
- “I went from working in a butchers to working in a funeral home. Make of that what you will!”
- “Paula surely one of the most drastic career changes is Being on Reality TV to POTUS!”
- “Hi Paula, I'm a welder by trade and have helped build things like the national aquatic centre and Luas tram line, to name a few. 10 years ago, I got the chance to become an SNA and I have been working with children with special needs ever since. I love it so much so, it gave me the cue to start my own little tribe of two beautiful kids, and number 3 is due Christmas Day!” - Ger
Very happy being a fitter but if I had to do something drastically different I’d love to be a driver on the Viking Splash tour!
— Conor Power (@SuirThing) October 31, 2019
- “Good morning, I went from being a manager in a retail store to being a prison officer! It's the best move I've ever made, I'm so much happier, my mental health has greatly improved as well, I couldn't recommend the job enough.”
- “Hi Paula. I went from repairing mobile phones to aircraft engineer”
- “Hi Paula, I went from explosive's technician to civil servant.” - Pat, Kilkenny
- “Morning P-Mac! I served my time as a block-layer for 6 months and hated it. I left that job and started in an engineering company. I was offered an apprenticeship as a toolmaker and qualified now 10 years! Love it now to be fair, great skill set to have. That said, if I was offered a job to drive machinery (tractors or diggers) I’d be gone in the morning! – Pat Mc
- “Paula my wife was an accountant and now works in the zoo!”
- “I'm a digger driver, and have started a software development company. We'll be launching a new app in the next few weeks. Hopefully no more dirty boots after that!”
- “Hi Paula, I was a tiler for 23 years but now I'm a HCA in an A and E department and love it!” - Baz
- “Happy Samhain Paula. I served my time as a bricklayer and worked at it for about 5 years then I got the opportunity to serve my time as a linesman so now I swing out of Electricity poles all day. Also I fight MMA professionally wouldn't change for anything. It's not work when you love what you do!”
- “Hi Paula, I went from graphic designer to owning a gym. Scrubbing chicken fat in Tesco to teach in night school. Now I work in IT. Never a dull moment!” - Rach.
Dream career for me would be winning the Lotto & living the high life, so much to see & experience in the world. I'd have retired 20 years ago if I could! Yep, I must be inherently lazy! ;-)
— ArcticChimpanzee (@ArcticChimpanze) October 31, 2019
- “Hi Paula. 4 years ago I was driving Roadtrains in Australia and I'm training to be an Electrican and absolutely love it. Best change I ever made. I'm 35.” - Sean in Galway