A little of everything in moderation
A new study released today says that eating chocolate, drinking wine and having loads of sex keeps you feeling young at heart! This is according to pensioners.
Sounds about right; everything in moderation, including moderation, eh? One thing that I love doing is sea swimming - and I really think that will keep me young. It’s so exhilarating – the cold blast of Irish Sea water… there is just nothing like it! That works for me, but would probably age someone who hates sea swimming.
We’re all different, so here are some suggestions by the listeners of The Early Breakfast of how to keep yourself young:
- Stay out of the sun Paula, that’ll keep you young!
- Just keep acting young and don't get caught up on age!
- Exercise as regularly as possible. Try to get enough sleep.
- Drink loads of water and never smoke!
- Learn new things every day, keep an open mind
- Give and receive as much love as you can – but also know when to walk away... and when to run (as the song goes)
- Get a pet! Isolation and loneliness can cause rapid aging so even if you’re not a “people-person”, a pet would be great company!
- Remember how much fun it was playing when you were a kid? It's still just as much fun but most of us have forgotten. Go play!
- Meditation, mindfulness, moderation and routine exercise.
- Honestly, a stress free and optimistic environment.
- Having fun and challenging yourself. At 50, I quit my job and went back to full time study. Almost a qualified teacher and SO HAPPY!
- Eat, sleep, rave, repeat!
- WEAR SUNSCREEN PAULA!!