Many Take That fans around the world are in mourning this morning as Jason Orange announces that he's leaving the band.
In a statement that he made to Gary Barlow, Mark Owen and Howard Donald last week, Jason said that he did not want to commit to recording and promoting new music.
“At the start of this year and with my full knowledge and blessing the guys began writing new material,” he said. "There have been no fallings out, only a decision on my part that I no longer wish to do this ... They have my full support and encouragement to continue on with what is to be another chapter for the band.”
The three remaining members then said in a statement last night (Wednesday) that Jason’s departure is a huge loss but was not unforeseen: “We first became aware of Jason’s reservations a couple of years ago but had hoped that by giving him the desired time and space he may begin to feel differently. This has not been the case and we now have to accept and fully respect his decision.”