Have a read of these!
Steve McFadden who plays Phil Mitchell has revealed that he once tried his hand at being a clown for a children’s birthday party, with disastrous results. I can’t imagine a more horrifying scene than Phil Mitchell dressed as a clown, surrounded by crying children. Yikes!
I once worked a job to which I was totally unsuited. I had to recruit (OVER THE PHONE) for very specialised, high-tech positions for a company in Cork. I didn’t understand the questions I had to ask, let alone make sense of the answers! I did not last long.
I’m not alone:
- “Hotel housekeeping. If it comes out of the human body, I've cleaned it up.”
In a factory making aluminium shower units, with cotton gloves I had to wipe each piece of the door frame before they were packaged in pallets of 5000. This was to remove any piece of sharp metal. The target was 3 pallets a day. Or 2 pieces a minute.
— Seamus ó Corcoráin (@dohville) October 9, 2019
- “On a J1 Paula, I worked for a moving company. Everybody dreads moving day, for me that was every day. It was awful. Although I went from being really scrawny to arriving home and my mother barely recognised me!”
- “Paula, I did door to door sales before. I will NEVER work in sales again. I didn’t make one sale in a month!”
- “Lifeguard. It was hours upon hours of boredom intermingled with seconds of sheer terror.
- “Paula I worked in a toy shop over xmas once. I didn’t think I’d ever have kids as a result. It was like a zoo.”
- “Hi Paula. I carried cow’s heads for 3 months in an abattoir years ago. Nope , not a lifetime career!” - Robbie
Selling insurance policies door to door, hard to sell something you wouldn't buy yourself, needless to say it was brief
— Shay Neary (@NearyShayneary) October 9, 2019
- “I also to pick tomatoes. It was so hot in the greenhouses and the wasps were everywhere.”
- “Boredom. I had a job that literally required me to do nothing for 90% of the day. Bored out of my bin, Paula!”
- “2 words, Paula: retail, Christmas. The customer is in fact, rarely right!”
I worked in a credit card company call centre, sometimes i had to redirect customers if they rang the wrong area, they phone number was almost identical to my PPS number... guess which i usually gave out
— Julifer RGN (@JulieMaher77) October 9, 2019
- “Paula I worked in a deli before and I honestly couldn’t describe my disgust at the sandwich variations people asked me to make. I became pregnant soon after and even normal sandwiches became nauseating and I left!”
- “Worked as a nanny before, Paula. First family was lovely and spent 18 months with them. Second family had 2 kids with the worst behaviour... and yet they could do no wrong in the parents’ eyes. I left after 2 months of really trying, went back to college to study to be a legal secretary. Put me off kids for life!”
Property Finance #clueless
— Humphrey G. Murphy (@HumphreyMurphy) October 9, 2019
- “Paula talking about worst jobs... I can tell you about some pretty poor employees. I run a bar restaurant and a member of staff quit after half an hour last week upon learning she would have to mop the floor at the end of the night. I mean...really?!”
- “My first sales job, knocking doors selling broadband and tv services. I was rubbish Paula, I knew starting the job it would be hard but didn’t realise just how soul-destroying. People don’t want you knocking at the door in the evenings!”