"I forgot my baby's name!"
On this morning’s show, K sent a WhatsApp which made me laugh (and feel so sorry for her!)
“Paula, just on our way home from hospital. Our little man burnt himself yesterday (he is FINE! But we all got a fright!) Anyway, I am so tired, a few hours ago, a nurse came to our cubicle and asked ‘cup of tea?’ and I said ‘no thanks, I’m fine’… hubby burst out laughing as she was actually asking if it was tea that caused the burn. Morto!”
I’m so glad she could see the funny side; not easy when you’ve had a fright and no sleep! You do the maddest things when you’re tired; I searched my bedroom floor for my phone this morning… with the light from my phone. We’ve all done things like this, according to the listeners of The Early Breakfast:
- “Paula, it was my first night out in Dublin in ages and I had just come of night shifts. We went into a pub where my drink cost 12 euro. For one drink! I said to the gang, I’m leaving after this as it was far too pricey. We went to another pub and the same thing happened – 12 euro for one drink. We had walked out the door of the pub and into the next door down… which led us into the same pub!”
- “Paula talking of things you do when tired, I was on the phone to my mam while in the supermarket a few weeks ago. When I left with my bags, I realised I couldn’t see my phone and I said, mam I have to find my phone, and I put down the shopping bags and started rooting through them... she was screaming laughing!”
- “So tired I put the milk carton in the washing machine. Found it the following day!”
- Morning Paula. Belated welcome back! I was working a lot of overtime and was exhausted. On Friday I got up, dressed and drove to work. On the way in, I was thinking about how I’m making great time. Got to the office only to find out it was Saturday! We don’t work Saturday. Drove home and went to bed!”
- "Paula, I took my son for his 2-week check up and when the nurse asked me his name I couldn't, for the life of me, remember his name. Took me about 10 minutes! Sleep deprivation at its best!"
- "We took our little girl away to a hotel and nobody got a great sleep on the first night. Next day it was raining so we rented a kids DVD from reception, and when I went to return it, I asked if they had any adult DVDs. The receptionist looked horrified and said they don't stock those. I meant a non-childrens' DVD!"
- “Paula I was really tired when I went to my son's secondary school teacher meeting. I queued for ages to meet one of his teachers. Eventually it was my turn so introduced myself her and she said pleased to meet you BUT I don't teach your son!”