"Unexpected Items In The Baggage Area"
A boil water notice affecting over 600-thousand people may be in place for a number of days.
Irish Water has warned that the supply may be contaminated in areas within parts of Fingal, Dublin City Council, South Dublin County Council, Kildare and Dunboyne in Meath.
I am in an area affected and after 12 hours of being on boil notice, I can confirm that it is INCONVENIENT. However, I shouldn't complain too much, because a listener got in touch to say:
"Paula, we have been on a boil water notice in county Sligo for 2 years now and it's disgraceful. We've had no compensation or help. It costs a fortune buying bottled water, and being so restricted is horrendous in this day and age."
So it’s definitely more than just a mild inconvenience for some.
It sparked a conversation about daily mild inconveniences, and yes, we know we have little to be worrying about.
- “Paula boiling water may be inconvenient but so is getting up at this hour on a Wednesday. I have to get up and do things.”
- “Those 15 seconds after turning off the shower in the morning. Teeth chattering and trying to get dry”
- “Unexpected item in bagging area”
- “Alarm. Snooze. Second alarm. Snooze. Third alarm. Snooze.”
- “WhatsApp groups. Leave me alone!”
- “I'm slightly too short to reach most things on the top shelves at work and at home”
- “I can't turn on or off my bedroom lights from my bed. I have to walk three steps”
- “My house's Wifi barely reaches my bathroom, so I can't use my phone while on the toilet!”
- “Lying in bed and your other half texting the world with button tones on. Driving you insane trying to get asleep. And after 17 years still doing it. Lol!” - Sean
- “Not being able to sleep because you need to pee and yet being so comfortable you don’t want to get out of bed. INCONVENIENT!”
- “Having to drive around the M50 every day to get to UCD because the tunnel is a tenner!”
- “Having to wake up so that I can work all day to get ready to go to bed!”
- “Oily face and frizzy hair.”
- “Mild inconvenience had to be the hard water tea. Scaly last mouthful!”
- “Using scissors designed for right-handed people”
- “Queue to the microwave when heating up lunch in my workplace!”
- “The woman in the office next to mine does not have an inside voice.”
- “No express check out in the supermarket. Takes for ages to get out with my bread and milk!” - Dermot Athlone
- “Passwords. A mild inconvenience but still irritating that most everything needs one and with different criteria.”
- “Waking up each morning just as tired as when I went to bed the night before.”
- “Constantly being hungry but not wanting to eat after 6pm.”