It really is the little things!
A woman in Co Laois was given a lottery ticket by her daughter on New Years Eve, and ended up winning more than 300,000 euro! But that’s not all… she gave the ticket back to her daughter and told her the money was hers to spend on a home. What a wonderful act of kindness!
Most of us don’t have the means to give such large amounts of money, but there are other ways to be kind. And romantic, it would seem! Check out some of the romance at the end!
- “Paula I was out running yesterday and a fella running in the opposite direction gave me a high 5. Made me smile!”
- “I hold the door open for people. I also say thank you when it's done for me. I smile at people. I wave when someone lets me in in traffic.”
- “I don't tailgate when driving and let people change lanes in front of me!”
- “I put someone else’s abandoned trolley back with all the other trolleys yesterday Paula... and got the euro for it!”
- “I pick up rubbish if I'm out walking”
- “Hiya Paula, last kindness was accidental. I went for lunch on Sunday and I thought the girl said bill was £29. I said to round it up to £35 for a tip. She said sorry, it's only £20, that's a £15 tip! I said, oh really, I thought you said 29 but love your honesty, make it £40! She looked pleasantly happy. The world needs more kindness folks”
- “Paula I always try to leave a place a bit better than when I found it. If I go into a room and see there's a piece of rubbish, I'll take it with my on my way out. If I visit family, I always make sure to clean up after myself and do the dishes or something to help”
- “Paula, I put tooth paste on my wife's toothbrush every night, I never really thought much about it till she told her sister one day. Her sister almost started crying when she heard, she thought it was so nice! Small things are the best!”
- “I don't share my opinion where it is not needed!”
- “At my wedding my aunt told me that her husband brings her a cup of tea every morning in bed... secret to a happy marriage! I now make a cup of coffee for my hubbie every morning!”
- “Hi Sweetpea, I give my wife breakfast in bed every morning”
- “Paula on a cold night, I always go to bed about 10 minutes ahead of my wife so I can heat her side of the bed before she gets in!”
- “I'm up for work at 5 every morning. My wife leaves my travel mug ready with the tea bag in and kettle full. It's the small things”