You know when everyone likes something but you just don't connect? That.
There is a photo on the front of today’s Irish Examiner of the Rambert Dance troupe who are performing at the Peaky Blinders Festival in Birmingham. There is a Peaky Blinders Festival in Birmingham!
Now, whereas I’m sure it will be the most dapper festival there ever was, that is about the only attraction for me. I have given Peaky Blinders every chance and I just cannot connect with it. I’m aware I’m in the minority but there are loads of TV shows I can appreciate the quality of, but it’s just not for me. Like the Wire! Or The West Wing. Or pretty much half of what’s on Netflix at the moment.
- “Morning Paula. My siblings love Mrs Brown's Boys but I just don't get it.” - Paul in Maynooth
- “Morning Paula. I heard the same about The Wire so I bought the box set. I've made multiple attempts to get through the first episode. It’s sh1t!” - Joe
- “Fr. Ted does it for me Paula. I just don't see what's so great about it. I've tried SOOOO many times but it just fails to grab me!” - Mick in Wicklow
- “Never got the point of Game of Thrones or Oireachtas Report!”
- “Morning Paula, The Office was that programme for me - what a load of sh1te!” - Jaime in mayo
- “Morning Sweet P. There Will Be Blood - 3 hours of pure dung, yeah Daniel Day Lewis’ acting was great BUT, yeah...dung!” - Shay
- “Totally agree with Kim, The Good Place is NOT funny!” - Jackie in Waterford
- “Hi Paula… Fight Club was the film I just couldn’t deal with. It’s a cult classic… not for me!”
- “Paula I’ve never seen a James Bond film and I am FINE with that. I’m not making a point, I just have no interest!”
- “Stranger Things. Even though I’ve watched every single episode, and thoroughly enjoy the soundtrack I just don’t get the fuss!”
- “Morning Paula, I've never seen Game of Thrones or Love/Hate. I've also recently discovered two people I know, in their late 20s and 30s, have never seen an episode of Home & Away or Neighbours! I don't understand how that's possible?” - Siobhan
- “Paula I just don't get Gavin and Stacey. Also The Office!” - Barry from Tyrone