Peanuts may contain nuts
The coronavirus is becoming exasperating for some:
"Paula those face masks are doing my head in – they are pointless for the most part! People’s stupidity, honestly."
Well, if it makes them feel better, what’s the harm?
However, it got us onto the topic of how lots of things exist because of people’s stupidity.
For example, there is a warning on my son’s buggy: Do not collapse while infant is seated.
I mean… really?!
- “At work we have a wet floor sign that someone didn't see and tripped over once. Now we have an extra sign that says "Caution: Wet floor sign ahead" that is put before it.”
- “The phrase: DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.”
- “Many warning labels in general. There are toilet brushes with warnings saying "Not for personal hygiene" on them. Where were people sticking them if not down the jacks?!"
- “The warning on lawn mowers telling you not to touch the blades while they are in motion. I mean, don’t touch them when they’re not in motion either, just don’t touch them!”
- “Do not take penicillin if you are allergic to penicillin.”
- “Silica gel packets that say DO NOT EAT. I mean, really?!”
- “Labels on peanut or other nut containers that state that they may contain nuts”
- “The caution contains hot liquids warning on coffee cups. It’s a shame we live in a blame culture society where this is necessary to highlight”