Now that the whole country has entered Level 3 and it feels like there's no end in sight, we all need some TLC, some time out and some self care.
Mairead wanted to come up with a list of things we can do at home or outdoors that will cheer us up! Here are some of the great suggestions from listeners which you can use for inspiration when you need some time to do something for yourself.
- I've printed HUNDREDS of photographs and I'm putting them into photo albums. I started in April during lockdown & realised that I stopped printing photos out when my kids were small babies. It's lovely to look back on those memories & I'm picking the best ones to put into frames around the house. It's a great "in front of the fire on a wet evening" activity! Sarah.
- Jump into boots, hat and gloves. Grab the dog and hike up a mountain. When you're at the top, take a few minutes to breath in the fresh air and admire the astonishing views we have in this beautiful country of ours 😊 Helps put things in perspective for me anyway. Becky in Nenagh.
- An Epsom salt bath or foot bath is great for detoxing the body and relaxing, also meditation. Emma.
- Plant some spring bulbs or do a winter planter with winter bedding!
- I’ve taken up bird watching. I know it sounds naff but I got a cool telescope and a bird identification app and I just spend an hour or two in the garden watching the birds. It’s so relaxing and I completely switch off. Derek.
- Mairead: Halloween Hunt, just like an Easter hunt!! Can be done inside or out depending on weather. Orla.
- Walking in the park just before the sun rises, laughing to Gift Grub. Eimear
- Hi Mairead, there's no TLC as nice and as simple as a hot shower, fresh PJs and fresh bed sheets 🙂 That’s the kind of threesome I can really get on board with...you feel better every time! Paula.
- Self care idea: Have a picnic on your living room floor. You can make it romantic with candles, cheese, chocolate and wine. A carpet picnic! Kelsey.
Tune in to Mairead Ronan weekdays from 12pm.