PACK TO BASICS
Say you were going on a family beach holiday for a week, would you ever think it would be possible to pack for a family of four – for a whole week away – into just one piece of checked luggage?
Find out how to pack for a family holiday in just one suitcase, weighing less than 20kg, with these top tips for travelling light from On the Beach and Karen Edwards, aka Travel Mad Mum.
Karen, who was brought up in Ireland, travels the world with her husband Shaun and their two young kids Esmé & Quinn.
LEADER OF THE PACK
Her top tips include:
- Doubling up towels as play mates and using vacuum bags to flatten clothes.
- Decanting some products into smaller bottles to reduce their overall weight.
- She lays down the nappies for her youngest kid at the bottom of the suitcase before doing anything else.
- She then uses different coloured bags for each member of her family's stuff, which she says helps people avoid over-packing.
- Karen folds every single item as tightly as possible and also rolls some things in order to save space.
- To keep clothes to a minimum, she recommends taking items that can be used for both dressing up or dressing down.
I REST MY SUITCASE
BAG OF TRICKS
Karen's top travel tips have a huge following on Instagram where she posts pictures of her adventures with her husband Shaun and two kids Esmé & Quinn