The Government's planned childcare scheme for frontline healthcare workers has been cancelled.
In a statement, the Department of Children said only six providers indicated a willingness to take part in the scheme, despite it being due to start on Monday.
The scheme would have seen 5,000 professionals working in the homes of healthcare workers for at a cost of 90 euro per week.
However, concerns had been raised after an insurer announced last week that workers wouldn't be covered for any COVID-19 related claims.
In a statement confirming the cancellation of the scheme, the Department of Children said: "A variety of reasons have been put forward for the low sign-up rate.
"These include availability of insurance cover, concerns about possible virus transmission, difficulties in meeting employer responsibilities in relation to breaks and rest periods, and concerns about a lack of protection for staff working alone."
The Government say it remains committed to developing solutions to issues around childcare.