Thousands of students were unable to apply for their third level grant yesterday after the online system SUSI collapsed.
The deadline has now been extended until midnight on Monday.
Its the second time its been extended after being off line for at least two hours yesterday.
SUSI was due to stop accepting applications at midnight last night, but because of technical problems with the online system the deadline has been pushed out to Midnight on Monday
SUSI insists no student has been disadvantaged as a result of the problems and its ocnfident the systems are better.
Last year the grant processing body was beset with problems and some applicants had to wait 6 months before their grant was paid out, but students are being promised the service will be vastly improved this year.
Yesterday Education Minister Rurai Quinn said that the difficulties that occurred in the past were partly because people had difficulty getting their information in and he said it "will be significantly better this year".
Alan Murphy is head of operations at SUSI: