The prosecution has finished calling evidence in the Ana Kriegel trial.
Two teenage boys deny murdering the 14-year-old schoolgirl in Dublin last year while one of them is further charged with aggravated sexual assault.
BOY B's father was one of the final witnesses called today on behalf of the prosecution.
Today, BOY B’s father told the court his son looked “surprised” when Gardaí called to his home on the night Ana went missing.
He said he knew he wasn't capable of doing anything like that and claimed his son told him he told lies initially because he was afraid of BOY A
Mr. Grehan has now closed his case. BOY A’s barrister has already told the court he wasn't calling evidence, while counsel for BOY B said there was an issue to be resolved.
The jury will return on Thursday morning.
*Reporting by Frank Greaney