This week on The Last Word, we're looking at some of the best books you should buy for yourself or a loved one this Christmas.
Maria Dickenson, Managing Director of Dubray, and Aoife Barry, arts editor with thejournal.ie, joined us to recommend their favourite fiction books of the year.
- 'Shadowplay' by Joseph O'Connor
- 'Olive Again' by Elizabeth Strout
- 'The River Capture' by Mary Costello
- 'Where the Crawdads Sing' by Delia Owens
- 'The Memory Police' by Yoko Ogawa
- 'The Wych Elm' by Tana French
- 'Hunting Party' by Lucy Foley
- 'The Wall' by John Lanchester
- 'When All Is Said' by Anne Griffin
- 'Once, Twice, Three Times an Aisling' by Emer McLysaght and Sarah Breen
- 'My Sister, the Serial Killer' by Oyinkan Braithwaite
- 'Daisy Jones & The Six' by Taylor Jenkins Reid
- 'The Flatshare' by Beth O'Leary
- 'Follow Me To Ground' by Sue Rainsford
- 'This Is Happiness' by Niall Williams
Listen to the interview in full by pressing the play button on this page.