The government has announced dates for the easing of COVID-19 restrictions this summer.
Pubs and restaurants will open for outdoor dining on 7 June, with hotels opening on 2 June. Salons and retail will open on 10 May.
We were joined by a number of representatives from these sectors, who gave their reaction to the announcement:
- Michael O'Donovan, owner of the Castle Inn in Cork and chair of the Cork branch of the Vintners Federation of Ireland
- Gina Murphy, owner of Hugo's Restaurant in Dublin
- Margaret O'Rourke Doherty, CEO of the Hair and Beauty Industry Confederation
- Jean McCabe, Vice Chair of Retail Excellence Ireland and owner of Willow in Ennis, Co. Clare
- Fergal Harte from the Kingsley Hotel in Cork and Chair of the Cork branch of the Irish Hotels Federation
- Sarah Slattery from TheTravelExpert.ie