On Sunday's Weekend Breakfast, Alison awarded the Cadbury Sound Town of the month to Gorey in Co. Wexford.
Alison spoke to Nevan from the area about why he thinks his town is the soundest.
From the welcoming of thousands of tourists every year to the great work done by local services, Nevan had plenty of good reasons!
Listen back to their chat by pressing the Listen button.
The overall winning town will get a whopping €10,000 to put towards a community project!
YOU can still submit your own Sound Town - just fill out the form below!
What does it mean to be sound?
Alison Curtis is trying to find out and her show sponsors, Cadbury have decided to jump on board and help.
In the spirit of there being a 'glass and a half in everyone', they've generously given us an amazing €10,000 to give to a town or community in Ireland that we feel really embodies this idea. The ultimate SOUND town.
So what does that mean? We think we have it worked out...
- Surprising! It’s the small, surprising gestures that sometimes have the most heart. Your community knows this and celebrates this every day.
- Optimism is the cheerful core of community spirit, always seeing the best and looking to make the best of the world for others.
- Unassuming An unassuming person is awesome but does not go around bragging about it. That’s why we’re here to celebrate with you!
- Neighbourly It’s leaving a car space for your neighbour, or even cutting their patch of grass when you do your own.
- Dependable - You know you can trust your community and they can trust you to be... sound.
Do you think you live in a place that sums this up? We want to hear from you! Alison is going to be chatting to people from communities across the country every month and picking the soundest communities to receive a special plaque (and some Cadbury goodies of course) as a badge of honour. Think of it like employee of the month but for your home.
Then, later in the year we will be picking the soundest of the bunch and the Weekend Breakfast Show will visit to award the the prize of Sound Town 2019. Along with their plaque and their chocolate, the winning community will also receive €10,000 to put towards a community project. All with thanks to Cadbury!
If you think your town deserves this accolade then fill in the form here.