Last year Kilmacthomas was crowned Weekend Breakfast's Cadbury Soundtown for 2020.
They scooped the amazing prize of €10,000 and we were delighted to catch up with them to see how they're getting on.
And they have been busy!
They have already:
- Set up a Random Acts Of Kindness Group – they drop a surprise gift to someone’s house in the community – one older lady was overwhelmed with the gesture
- Donated to the local GAA club who are building a community gym
- Created a Buddy Sports Programme – pairing up a player from the local GAA Club with a couple of kids to teach and help get physical
- Purchased a motorised mobility scooter for users of the walkway. It’s already being used by some less abled locals in the community.
- Paid for a memorial bench for those who have passed away recently – Kilmacthomas has been hit hard by this pandemic
Weekend Breakfast are delighted to announce that we are once again going on the hunt for Ireland’s soundest town.
It is such an amazing campaign that highlights the incredible spirit of towns up and down the country.
We hear so many heartwarming inspiring stories every year.
We started the Cadbury Soundtown campaign in 2019 and our winning town was Fartown in Co. Galway.
Helen Power was the woman who entered her hometown of Kilmacthomas in Waterford into the Cadbury Soundtown 2020 Competition.
Helen spoke to Aliso Curtis about how much it meant to them to win it last year and Alison also spoke to Tricia Burke from Cadbury Ireland about why this competition means so much to them:
HOW CADBURY SOUNDTOWN WORKS
Last year Kilmacthomas in Co. Waterford took the title but who will it be this year?
Every month we will ask people to send us in stories about their community champions and we will pick our monthly winner. We will award our overall winner towards the end of the year and they bag themselves €10,000 to spend on a community project all thanks to Cadbury Ireland.
If you think YOU'RE sound enough just go to Todayfm.com/soundtown
View this post on Instagram