Northern Ireland's Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon has announced her decision to recommend planning approval to redevelop Casement Park.
The infrastructure minister she had "carefully considered" all of the representations and that it had been a "complex application".
Mallon said it would transform Gaelic Games and the economy of west Belfast by allowing a new 34,000 capacity stadium to be built on the existing site.
Today I have announced that I am recommending Casement for approval. I believe this landmark stadium will be transformational in sporting, social & economic terms for Ulster & our island. pic.twitter.com/OCkWBgbav8
— Nichola Mallon (@NicholaMallon) October 13, 2020
Deputy First Minister Michelle O'Neill said: "More than ten years since the Casement Park project was announced and more than seven years since Antrim Gaels had a home.
"We finally have a planning decision over the line. Great result."
Casement Park hasn't hosted a major GAA match since June 2013 and the initial redevelopment plans fell through in 2014 due to a legal challenge from a group of residents.
A fresh planning application was submitted in February 2017 with the capacity of the proposed new stadium set at 34,186, down from the original plan of 38,000.
Ulster GAA said it had received 95% approval from about 3,000 people who responded to the stadium consultation and also welcomed the news as "hugely positive views from Department of Infrastructure Minister Nichola Mallon on the development of Casement Park."