Kieran Donaghy been named in the Irish senior men’s basketball team panel. Head Coach Pete Strickland has selected a panel of 20 players which includes the Kerry footballer. The former Footballer of the Year returned to play senior basketball for Tralee Warriors last year.
The 34 year old is yet to feature for the Kingdom in Division 1 of the Allianz Football League. Kerry manager Eamonn Fitzmaurice said earlier this year that Donaghy was training once a week with the senior panel and that he might feature in the green and gold before the end of the league campaign. Fitzmaurice also said Donaghy would be playing basketball in the immediate future which he has done before with little disruption to his football commitments.
Pete Strickland will return to Ireland in April to take the squad for their first training session.
20 man panel selected:
- Adrian O'Sullivan (UCC Demons)
- Cian Sullivan (La Salle University)
- Ciaran O'Sullivan (UCC Demons)
- Ciaran Roe (Pyrobel Killester)
- Colin O'Reilly (UCC Demons)
- Conor Meany (UCD Marian)
- Daniel James (UCD Marian)
- Eoghain Kiernan (Pyrobel Killester)
- Issac Westbrooks (Griffith Swords Thunder)
- Jason Killeen (Templeogue)
- John Carroll (University of Hartford)
- Jordan Blount (University of Illinois)
- Keelan Cairns (Belfast Star)
- Kieran Donaghy (Garvey’s Tralee Warriors)
- Lorcan Murphy (Templeogue)
- Neil Randolph (Templeogue)
- Paul Dick (most recently Fuenlabrada, Madrid)
- Paul Freeman (SSE Airtricity Moycullen)
- Roy Downey (UCC Demons)
- Ryan Leonard (Garvey’s Tralee Warriors)