The mayor of Madrid has claimed that talks are ongoing over the possibility of this year's UEFA Champions League final being moved to the Spanish capital.
The tournament is currently in limbo due to the coronavirus pandemic, having only made it as far as the last-16 stage and with only four teams confirmed for the quarter-finals.
The decider was due to be played at Istanbul's Ataturk Stadium on 30 May until the competition was paused.
If UEFA need to move the biggest match in European football, the Spanish capital's mayor Jose Luis Martinez says they're ready.
"I know arrangements are being made, and I want to declare the city hall's absolute support for this Champions League final being held in Madrid," said Martinez on Spanish TV network 13TV.
Liverpool claimed the honours against Tottenham in the 2019 final which was played in Atlético Madrid's Wanda Metropolitano Stadium but the city also has Real Madrid's Santiago Bernabeu Stadium.
"We have the correct security conditions, we have the infrastructure and the public services that would allow us to host the final and it would also be a message to the world that in spite of the drama that we have gone through, Madrid will not give in and has returned," Martinez added.
A New York Times report last month claimed that the final would not go ahead in Istanbul but UEFA have declined to comment on the Madrid mayor's remarks.
A statement released by European football's governing body on Monday said: "UEFA created two working groups on 17 March, and a variety of calendar options covering both national team and club competition matches have subsequently been presented.
"No revised schedule has yet been communicated.
"The UEFA Executive Committee is meeting on Wednesday 17 June. UEFA.com will announce new dates as well as all other key decisions as soon as they are confirmed."
Paris Saint Germain, Atlético, Leipzig and Atalanta through to the quarter-finals while the second legs are yet to be played in the other four last-16 ties.