Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane claims Gareth Bale refused to play in the club's pre-season friendly against Bayern Munich saying he "never disrespected anybody".
Speculation is surrounding the future of the Welsh winger as he had been left out of the squad for the game in Texas - which the Spanish club lost 3-1. After the match, when asked about why Bale didn't feature, Zidane said his departure from the club would be "best for everyone".
In the wake of the comments, his agent hit back at Zidane labeling him a "disgrace."
The 30-year-old signed for the Spanish giants in 2013 for a world record fee of over €90 million (£77 million) and in that time has helped the team win four Champions League titles and a La Liga.
Speaking ahead of Real Madrid's game against Arsenal on Wednesday night, Zidane who is in his second spell as manager said, "the first thing is that I've never disrespected anybody - certainly not any player.
"I've always said the same. Players are the most important thing here. If there is a player here, I will be with them. Secondly, I said the club were trying to find a way out for Gareth.
"Thirdly, which is the most important, is that the other day he didn't get changed for the game because he didn't want to. The club are trying to find a way out for him. For now, Gareth is a Real Madrid player, he's going to train normally with us and we will see what happens on Tuesday."
The 30-year-old Welsh winger has made 155 league appearances for Real Madrid since 2013, scoring 78 goals in that time.
He has been linked with a move back to re-join Tottenham Hotspur, with the club's manager Mauricio Pochettino not ruling out the possibility saying, "at the moment I don’t have any information from my chairman.
"I don’t know if we are or it’s another club. I saw in the media but I do not know which club is going to sign him. I do not know if it is us or another club. It is the job of my chairman to build the best possible club."