Ryanair announced this morning that they are intending to increase charges for checked-in luggage in the hope that people end up only bringing luggage on board. This morning our listeners gave us a few tips on the best ways to avoid paying through the neck - also Ian says he's rolls his clothes when packing.....feel free to add your twopence below!!
- Caroline Conway - Vacumn storage bags, Suck all the air out of it, fits loads more in,
- Tish Mattimoe - Go in what you stand up in..plus a maxi dress, vest shorts (crease free) in your handbag . Sun holidays usually mean stained clothes from sun cream which usually get chucked anyway...So buy €30 worth of sun clothes when you arrive.... And bin after your week...ta dah.... Roll or fold... Who cares.... Enjoy!
- Patrick Farrell - Just go to a nudist beach. Job done
- Anna Marie Livingston - roll everything, it works every time
- Pauline Murray Roll - clothes are less creased too. If you use vacuum bags, your clothes will look like rags when you reach your destination
- Caroline Davy - Stuff everything in, then take out a third of the clothes, as you really won't need them.
- Georgina Maher - just get it in there and sit on it.
- Gabrielle Lawless Willets - Fold to go and shove small stuff in the corners, roll for bringing it home