During this difficult time, we are all trying to flatten that curve by staying at home and keeping our distance from family and friends.
It's tough but isolation doesn't need to be totally miserable.
In fact, you can have restaurant quality food in your own home. Honestly!
Even if you are rubbish at cooking, chef and all round nice guy, Neven Maguire, has a brilliant recipe that you and the family can make together and he *swears* it's easy. It'll only take fifteen minutes!
So, will you give it a go? Come on, let's try it! Here's the all important recipe.
Pasta with Smoked Bacon, Sweetcorn & Parmesan
500g of fusilli or penne pasta
150g of diced smoked bacon or cooked ham
3 tablespoons of mascarpone or Philadelphia cheese
50g grated Parmesan cheese
100g frozen sweetcorn or peas
Fresh basil chopped or 1tbsp pesto
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil add some salt to it cook for approx 8 minutes until al dente (firm to the bite ) then strain. Keep warm.
- Heat a large skillet pan or frying pan , drizzle with some olive oil, add the smoked bacon and fry for 5 minutes until crispy. Stir in the frozen sweetcorn or peas and cook for 4 minutes.
- Next, stir in the mascarpone cheese, add 2 tablespoons of the pasta water , add in the grated parmesan & basil.
- Stir well and add in the cooked warm pasta.
- Stir well, season with salt and pepper, grate some extra parmesan and....SERVE!
You can use lots of different pastas - orzo, rigatoni, spaghetti etc and you can add some toasted pine nuts at the end for texture. This is how the finished product should look. Let us know how you get on, email us your reviews to email@example.com!