Gardaí in Cork say they are treating the one-year-old girl's death as a tragic accident

A baby girl has died in Cork after getting entangled in the cord of a window blind at her house.

It happened at Dublin Hill on the north-side of the city, just after noon today.

The 13-month-old was found by her mother, who alerted emergency services.

The girl was taken by ambulance to Cork University Hospital, and efforts were made to save her.

However, she was pronounced dead a short time later.

Gardaí are treating the death as a tragic accident, and say they will prepare a file for the Coroner's Court.