All this week Dermot & Dave are giving you the chance to win amazing trips to Co. Clare.
Monday - Mix shopping and heritage in the medieval town of Ennis, County Clare.
2 nights bed and breakfast for 2 in the Old Ground Hotel
2 VIP passes to the Cliffs of Moher
Dinner with wine for 2 at the Rowan Tree Cafe Bar
€750 worth of vouchers to spend in:
- The County Boutique
- Willow Boutique
- Kilkenny Shop
Tuesday - Get under the skin of The Burren & Cliffs of Moher
Gregans Castle Hotel, an 18th century County house, is the Burren’s luxury and gourmet hideaway.
The prize includes 2 night’s luxurious accommodation, breakfast on both mornings and a gourmet dinner on 1 evening.
Hawk Walk for 2 people including Guided tour of Aillwee Cave and Visit to The Birds of Prey Centre and Flying Display.
- At Aillwee, immerse yourself in a 'bucket list' experience with some of nature's most sociable Raptors as you 'walk with a hawk' through leafy Hazel Woodland and along Burren limestone pavement.
- Go underground, be mesmerized by uniquely shaped formations, winding passageways and fast flowing waterfalls while learning about Aillwee's Stone Age inhabitants.
- Enjoy our Aillwee artisan produce at home and savour the various flavours and ages of our award winning Burren Gold Gouda Cheese.
An Oyster Experience for 2 people at New Quay Pier, Flaggy Shore
- Offer for 2 people for "Shuck Off Experience" @ Flaggy Shore Oysters.
- Be enthralled by the sea creatures in the bay, learn all there is about oysters from their biology to what influences the flavour.
- Let us teach you how to "Shuck" (open) your own and then relax as you shuck all you can eat oysters washed down with a perfectly paired glass of wine.
A wild foraging walk for 2 people at Wild Kitchen.
- Discover the lost taste of wild food on a foraging walk near the sea.
- Taste wild herbs, flowers and seaweed, and learn about the cultural and culinary uses of these nutrient dense wild foods, followed by a picnic on the beach.
Family Day Pass (2 adults & 3 children) + Fairy Pig Walk for 2 Adults at the Burren Nature Sanctuary.
- Explore a mosaic of Burren habitats on a stroll around this 50 acre reserve dedicated to nature.
- Walk through the ancient ash and hazel woodlands, find the historical ruined stone village and round field. Relax in the Buttercup Room and watch a 15 minute introduction to the Burren film.
Gift Voucher from Irish Crafts Online
- Irish Crafts based in the heart of Doolin and with a fabulous online store offers the best 'Made in Ireland' crafts, design & textiles, carrying a selection of handcrafted gifts, Irish Jewelery & Aran Knitwear.
Dinner voucher at Linnane’s Lobster Bar
- Linnane’s Bar is set in a beautiful location in the heart of County Clare, on New Quay Pier overlooking the sea and Aughinish Island at the back the with a view of the Burren landscape to the front.
- Enjoy a meal for 2 with choice of a bottle of wine.
St Tola’s Open Day Farm Tour
- Irish Goat Cheese and Inagh Farmhouse Cheese Ltd - A family ticket (2 adults & 3 children u12) for an Open Day Farm Tour plus a selection of our multi- awarding winning St.Tola Cheese range.
Wednesday – Romantic and Adventurous Getaway in East Clare overlooking Lough Derg Blueway in Ireland’s Hidden Heartlands
Romantic Getaway with Art, Adventure & Fine Dining
The lucky winners will stay at Bridge House Studios Self Catering Accommodation, located in the heart of East Co. Clare.
- Surrounded by nature and steeped in history, Bridge House Studios offer the perfect space for time out in a relaxing, natural environment.
- The luxurious, idyllic cottages look out onto the Anna Carraige River garden, with stunning views of the Bally Cuggaran wooded hills and Moylussa, the highest point in Clare.
- Hosted by local artist & printmaker Iseult O’Flynn with tour of her gallery - authentic and inspiring experience to take home along with buckets of inspiration!
My Next Adventure – Kayaking along the Canal and onto the mighty River Shannon & Power Boat Experience
- Journey through 1,000 years of history in the picturesque town of Killaloe accompanied by a guide - Stable and comfortable touring kayaks are specifically designed for river journeys.
- Learn the history of the waterways which were the motorways of times past.
- Experienced guide will explain the fascinating history of Killaloe and life on the River Shannon from the clans of ancient times to the cruisers of today.
- A fantastic opportunity to see the river up close and marvel at it’s beauty.
The Pipers Inn - Renowned for its great food, cozy bar & warm welcome.
- A famous bar in these parts - it is a family run business providing a modern, yet cozy restaurant, a bar with a snug area exciting selection of dishes available for all tastes - proud supporters of small farms & Irish produce and wherever possible use ingredients that are Organic, Free Range & GM Free. traditional Irish Bar sit back, relax and enjoy a great pint in our bar.
Clare Walks Ltd. will provide the following for a couple.
- A guided walk on the Ballycuggaran Loop – This moderate-difficult looped walk follows forest road, forest track and minor road through dense forest and open hillside on the shoulders of Feenlea Mountain and Crag.
- The beautiful expanse of Lough Derg lies below you. This will include historical information on the area on the views below. Walkers will be supplied with a walkers goody bag at the start.
McKernan Woollen Mills Ltd, Tuamgraney
- On a guided tour of McKernan Woollen Mills you can see the carefully restored 19th century Hattersley looms and state-of-the-art knitting machines in action.
- The prize-winner will discover the fascinating process of textile manufacturing in a historical context and will have the opportunity to meet the designers and makers, ask questions and see traditional and modern techniques up close.
- This unique prize also includes €100 to spend in the Mill Shop.
Thursday – Explore the wonders of West Clare with your Family
Bayview Hotel 2 nights bed and breakfast with an evening meal of an evening of their choice (for family of 4)
Scattery Island Tour for family of 4 with Gourmet Picnic
Afternoon Tea for 4 at Vandeleur Walled Gardens
Dinner at Murphy Blacks Restaurant, Kilkee
Personalised Guided Family Tour of Loop Head Lighthouse with Gift Pack
- The enchanting Loop Head Lighthouse is located at the tip of the Loop Head Peninsula which is the furthest point on the Clare coastline.
- Uncover the fascinating history of Loop Head Lighthouse with interactive exhibits in the Lightkeeper’s Cottage.
- Visitors can take a guided tour up the tower for panoramic views, weather permitting, as far as the Blasket Islands and north to the Twelve Pins in Connemara .
- It’s also the perfect place to spot whales, dolphins and seals from, while the rock ledges and caves of the dramatic cliffs are home to many seabirds.”
Friday – Discover the Shannon Estuary Way and South/East Clare
A fabulous 2 Night Family Break on the Shannon Estuary Way in County Clare, with Bed & Full Irish Breakfast with Dinner on 1 Evening in a Superior Four Poster Room plus a Bottle of Prosecco at Carrygerry Country House Hotel.
- Carrygerry Country House & Restaurant is a charming old world country house built in 1793.
- It comprises 11 stunningly appointed bedrooms, a beautiful Conservatory Restaurant, and a Function Room to cater for weddings or corporate events.
- Located just outside Newmarket-on-Fergus in the scenic County Clare is family owned by Niall & Gillian Ennis for the last 16 years and they have built it into a “Must Visit” destination for lovers of great food and amazing hospitality
Bunratty Medieval Village:
- Family entrance to the Folk Park and Banquet from Shannon Heritage
- Dinner /lunch voucher at JP Clarke's and Gallagher's Restaurants, serving delicious food and drink all day, every day from the heart of medieval village Bunratty.
- Shopping voucher for Meadow and Byrnes