Particularly if you work in an office
There’s a very good reason TGI’s love Fridays. Cadbury’s were on the ball back in the 80's, and Rebecca Black had it all sewn up: Fridays rock.
It’s a feeling you get when you know you have the whole weekend ahead of you – no alarm, no commute, comfy clothes and perhaps a bit of indulgence.
If you don’t happen to have weekends off, you may not have the Friday feeling and your senses might be more heightened to the following behaviour:
- People are in work, alright, but there’s not a huge amount actually being done
- You’ve definitely spotted someone putting a Spotify playlist together, disguised as “work”
- There are people staring out the window and you know they’re dreaming about all the Sweet F All they’re planning to do at the weekend
- The WhatsApp PING keeps going off on someone’s phone because the Night Out With The Winebags is imminent
- People are treating themselves to nice food – you can smell “dirty breakfasts” all around the place. People are disappearing for lunch and you know they’re not getting a takeaway sandwich… they’re sitting in, eating a meal on a plate which is served to them.
- Women are coming back from their lunch-break with their hair “did”
- Men are returning from the barbers looking all tidy… has he had his eyebrows done?!
- You’ll hear “sure at least it’s Friday” at least 5 times before midday
- If it’s a Friday between June and September, the chances are you probably have a wedding to attend
- The music on the Early Breakfast is particularly splendid, ending the show with A Big Banging Dance Tune *halo emoji*